Auditing and Assurance in Hong Kong explains the practices of auditing and non-auditing engagements using the most updates International and Hong Kong Auditing Standards.
- Coverage of latest auditing and assurance standards, including three chapters on audit of summary financial statements, special purpose financial statements, a single financial statement and a specific element, account or term of a financial statement
- Numerous illustrative examples, figures and diagrams
- Tailor-made illustrative flowcharts incorporated to help readers easily understand the complicated requirements of the professional standards
- Real-life cases sources from companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange Limited
- Inclusion of recent QP and ACCA exam questions
Practitioners will find the concepts and explanations in this book useful in their daily work, and they can use the book as a guide in performing various audit and non-audit engagements. The examples and real-life cases from various sources should be a rich database for them to use for practical guidance and reference.
Professors and lecturers teaching auditing and assurance should find this a good textbook for their undergraduate and postgraduate auditing courses. Each chapter of this book can serve a single topic, and the examples and real-life cases can enhance their sharing and presentation to be more practical and lively and stimulate students’ interest.
Students learning auditing in universities or taking professional examinations offered by professional accounting institutions, for example, ACCA and HKICPA, should consider this book as a good textbook and reference for their understanding of auditing to help them pass their professional examinations. The review questions and case studies can help them practice and understand the concepts and examination requirements. In addition, questions from past professional examinations are also adapted and included in each chapter for students’ practice and understanding.