Hong Kong Master GAAP Guide 15th Edition by Patrick P H Ng & Ng Eng Juan, published by CCH.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) are constantly evolving as better methods of providing financial information continue to emerge in our ever changing business world. Now in its 15th edition, the matchless annual desktop reference Hong Kong Master GAAP Guide has long been regarded the single most useful tool for accountants and professionals in Hong Kong to keep abreast of the latest developments in Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards (HKFRS).
In particular, three new chapters in relation to the HKFRS 16 Leases, HKFRS 17 Insurance Contracts and HK(IFRIC) Interpretation 22 – Foreign Currency Transactions and Advance Consideration are added in this new edition.
Other Chapters related to HKFRS 2, HKFRS 10, HKFRS 11, HKFRS 14, HKAS 1, HKAS 7, HKAS 12, HKAS 15, HKAS 16, HKAS 27, HKAS 28, HKAS 38 and HKAS 41, are also updated in accordance to the Amendments to the HKFRS.
The Hong Kong Master GAAP Guide turns compliance with HKFRS into a straightforward step-by-step process. As in earlier editions, the 15th edition provides:
- a separate chapter for each accounting standard and official interpretation;
- clear explanations for the requirements of HKFRS;
- numerous worked examples illustrating situations that are likely to arise; and
- detailed analysis of specific accounting issues.
The manual deals comprehensively with the HKFRS issued by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants up to 31 May 2018 that apply for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2018.
The Hong Kong Master GAAP Guide is a comprehensive, practical and up-to-date commentary on the Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards. It is an essential tool for accountants and professionals who are required to prepare the accounts of a business entity. This book also serves as a useful reference for auditors when analysing the financial statements of corporations.
This publication provides practical commentary on Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards, Hong Kong Accounting Standards and Interpretations issued by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Extensive worked examples and illustration to simulate situations that are likely to arise.
- Financial Reporting in Hong Kong gives an overview of the overall regulatory framework under which all companies operate.
- Each HKFRS is covered under a separate chapter for easy reference.
- Detailed analysis of specific accounting issues
- Financial Reporting in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Interpretations
- Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards
- Hong Kong (IFRIC) Interpretations
- Hong Kong Accounting Standards
- Hong Kong (SIC) Interpretations