Colinvaux's Law of Insurance in Hong Kong 3rd edition by Rob Merkin, published by Sweet & Maxwell.
The only text focusing exclusively on Insurance Law in Hong Kong
• Comprehensively covers the 2017 enacted amendments to the Insurance Ordinance (Cap.41) and revisions to the insurance regime
• Based on the popular and prestigious UK edition and adapted specifically for the Hong Kong insurance market
Colinvaux’s Law of Insurance in Hong Kong, Third Edition continues to be the only title in Hong Kong focusing exclusively on Insurance Law. Based on the popular and prestigious UK edition, it has been adapted specifically for the Hong Kong insurance market.
This Third Edition is fully revised and updated to reflect the extensive changes and updates to the Insurance Ordinance (Cap.41), newly renamed and enacted in 2017. Amended to reflect the latest developments in Hong Kong’s insurance regime, this edition is a must-have for every practitioner.
This new edition highlights changes and updates to the law over the past five years, including:
1. The newly formed Insurance Authority (IA) commenced its operation and has taken over the regulation of authorised insurers from the now disbanded Government Office.
2. Significant enhancement of the new regulatory, investigative and enforcement powers of the IA.
3. New provisions required for the appointment of authorised insurers of certain controllers, directors, key persons in control functions, and (for long term insurers) appointed actuaries.
4. Statutory codification of the ‘fit and proper’ criteria of all appointed persons.
5. Establishment of the Insurance Appeals Tribunal to hear appeals of certain decisions of the IA.