The laws that surround disclosure are notoriously tricky. This book provides you with an authoritative and detailed analysis of this area. It examines both substantive law and procedure, discussing the “who, what, how and when” of disclosure obligations and explaining the implications of non-compliance.
Now in its 5th edition, Disclosure brings this leading text in the field up-to-date with the changes in the Civil Procedure Rules and developments in the case law since the 4th edition and its supplements were published.
Disclosure gives you peace of mind that you will always have the latest and most accurate version of the law, legal principles and disclosure-related procedure close at hand.
How Disclosure will help you:-
- Includes documentary, non-documentary and forms of pre-action disclosure
- Explains what must be disclosed, by who and when
- Explores consequences of the failure to comply with disclosure obligations
- Refers to electronic disclosure and court guidance
- Reviews possible objections to disclosure
- Considers the issue of privilege and the waiver of it
- Looks at information requests, witness statements and expert reports
- Covers disclosure in a wide range of Courts and Tribunals
- Discusses how the Human Rights Act 1998 has impacted on disclosure
- Includes the relevant extracts from the CPR together with related practice directions and forms