PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL TO OUR BOOKSHOP FOR STUDENT VERSION DETAILS
Construction Law & Practice in Hong Kong 4th edition by Gary Soo, published by Sweet & Maxwell.
• Authored by Gary Soo, a Barrister and Chartered Engineer with 20 years of experience in commercial and construction litigation, disputes and arbitration.
• The main substantive text on construction law provides all the recent applications and updates on the progress of Hong Kong’s construction regime.
• This text reviews key recent developments in the construction industry: (i) dispute prevention and resolution; (ii) legal aspects on the use of the revised NEC3 construction contracts which have been substantially expanded; and (iii) new cases and commentary.
In the 5 years since the previous edition, the 4th edition of Construction Law and Practice in Hong Kong includes updates to reflect changes in the law and construction industry:
• Recent developments in Hong Kong construction dispute prevention and resolution – revamping the process design, specialised practice rules, essential competence and proficiency of dispute resolution professionals in the construction field.
• Legal aspects of the use of the revised NEC3 construction contracts are substantially expanded.
• New cases and commentary are added to topics such as construction of contracts, estoppels and waivers, construction litigation, construction arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
This title offers a detailed examination of the laws relating to construction and engineering in Hong Kong. Written by expert construction practitioners, each chapter includes:
• An overview of the Hong Kong construction industry.
• An assessment of the Hong Kong legal system and its application to the construction industry.
• Advice on construction works in Hong Kong including commonly used standard form contracts.
• Assessment on how disputes are commonly resolved in accordance with the new construction dispute and resolution system.