Cases and Materials on International Law 8th edition 2015 by David Harris, Sandesh Sivakumaran, published by Sweet & Maxwell.
Cases and Materials on International Law draws together in one volume an exhaustive selection of cases, materials and background information on the subject, which is supplemented by authoritative commentary and expert analysis.
Widely recognised as the leading text of its kind, the eighth edition of Cases and Materials on International Law incorporates all major developments in the subject, including:-
- International Court of Justice judgments on the jurisdictional immunity of states (Germany v Italy) and on the obligation to prosecute or extradite in cases of torture (Belgium v Senegal), as well as the Court's advisory opinion on the legality of the declaration of independence in respect of Kosovo
- New judgments of the International Court of Justice and the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea on maritime disputes
- The International Law Commission's Guide to Practice on Reservations to Treaties
- The use of force in Crimea, Libya and Cote d'Ivoire
- Developments in the UN human rights system