OFFER VALID WHILE STOCKS LAST
Law of Bank Payments examines the practical and legal problems that arise from the making of payments by and through banks, and discusses the law relating to the entire range of payment methods currently in use in banking transactions.
The new 5th edition incorporates the latest case law as well as the various new issues arising from payment via electronic funds transfer and internet payments, including the stream of regulations seeking to address them.
- Highlights the practical and legal problems that can arise and how to deal with them
- Discusses the underlying concepts of payment and how they relate to the practicalities of payment
- Examines the full range of payment methods, including funds transfers, plastic money, internet payments, payments by cheques and settlement systems
- Features a new chapter on Settlement covering systems such as Crest, Clearstream, and Euroclear offering practitioners insight in to how the systems work and the legal consequences
- Explores the implications of recent key cases on performance guarantees
- Incorporate the latest guidance on the newest forms of bank payments
- Includes appendices on example application forms and ICC rules