Fully updated and revised to take into account the new BIMCO Supplytime 2017 contract with a detailed analysis of the changes since the Supplytime 2005 form and including a new analysis, for the first time, of the BIMCO Bargehire form, this is the only modern work on the law of towage and offshore vessel services.
It gives a comprehensive and extensively researched account of the general law coupled with a detailed clause-by-clause commentary and analysis of all of the major standard contracts used in the international offshore, towage and heavylift sectors, comprising the BIMCO Towcon, Towhire, Supplytime and Heavylift forms, the full suite of BIMCO Wreck Removal forms and, now, also the BIMCO Bargehire form, as well as the ISU Salvcon and Salvhire forms.
The Law of Tug and Tow and Offshore Contracts has rapidly established itself as a leading text and is written by, Simon Rainey QC, one of the foremost shipping practitioners with unrivalled experience in the field.
Key reasons to buy The Law of Tug and Tow and Offshore Contracts 4th edition,
- the only clause-by-clause commentary on all of the major standard form contracts used by the offshore industry
- the only in-depth analysis of the drafting history of the BIMCO standard form offshore contracts, comparing the recent amended versions in their drafting context;
- the only authoritative analysis of the case law and arbitration decisions affecting the towage and offshore industries
- written from the perspective of a leading practitioner with unrivalled practical experience over many years of the contract forms and of the issues which arise under them (many of which are unreported) and involved in almost all of the leading cases and arbitrations in the field
- written with an eye on the practicalities of how the contracts work given the everyday problems which arise in the industry, with guidance where the standard forms may require amendment