Kennedy and Rose forms part of the leading British Shipping Law Series. It serves as an in-depth guide to the specialist areas of salvage and wreck in the context of applicable English and international law. The 10th edition, written by Professor Francis Rose, has been fully updated to take account of developments in law and practice in salvage, wreck and related areas of law.
New to this edition
- Recast in the light of a new edition of Lloyd’s Standard Form of Salvage Contract (2020), together with the associated and redrafted Lloyd’s Salvage Arbitration Clauses and SCOPIC clause
- Integrates relevant points in practice from recent Lloyd’s salvage arbitration awards
- Covers the Supreme Court decision in The Renos on the Supreme Court’s view of the nature of the SCOPIC clause and its effect on constructive total loss in marine insurance
- Discusses the effect of the doctrine of state immunity on salvage of silver bullion in The Tilawa
- Considers public law issues in relation to salvage and wreck in R (on the application of Knight) v Secretary of State for Transport (2017)