This book explains how the Civil Procedure Rules work in practice. The book covers the entire spectrum of civil litigation providing a step-by-step guide through all stages of a civil action.
- Provides a practical, comprehensive and detailed guide covering all areas of civil litigation in the High Court and County Court
- Guides you through the procedure involved in any civil matter
- Covers all stages of litigation in a logical sequence from pre-action to enforcement and appeals
- Expert authors provide tactical and strategic advice, examples, tips and solutions
- Cross-refers to the Civil Procedure Rules and the White Book
- What’s new for the 20th edition:
New sections and fuller coverage of: online case management systems including CE-filing and MCOL; procedure under the RTA and EL/PL Protocols, including the new protocol for small RTA cases which is in force from 31 May 2021; use of remote hearings; post-Brexit amendments; amendments to the CPR; the disclosure pilot scheme; and ADR.
In more detail:
- A revised Chapter 9 on proceedings under Parts 7 and 8 which gives fuller coverage of the multiple case management systems now in use in the High Court, County Court and the Business & Property Courts
- A new Chapter 10 on procedure under the RTA and EL/PL Protocols, including the new protocol for small RTA cases which is in force from 31 May 2021.
- Chapter 13 on interim applications includes updated coverage on current practice as to remote hearings (i.e. conducted by telephone or video)
- Chapter 41 on enforcement of non-money judgments includes revised commentary on the new rules relating to the enforcement of orders for possession and contempt proceedings
- Other new developments include: developments in expert evidence; the disclosure pilot scheme; security for costs and a cross-undertaking in damages; the widening influence of alternative dispute resolution; changes in Insolvency law including the Debt Respite Scheme, which came into force on 4 May 2021
- Plus a wealth of new case law