First published 150 years ago in 1869, the fully updated 21st edition of Kerr & Hunter on Receivership and Administration is the definitive guide to the legislative principles and caselaw that underpin these important areas. Covering both corporate and personal insolvency the book considers the duties, and responsibilities of both administrators and receivers. It also explains when and why they are appointed, and whether appointed outside court or not. The author team takes the reader through all elements of receivership, administration, and administrative receivership, to enable practitioner to advise whatever the market.
- Considers appointment out of court and emergency procedures
- Describes the duties of office holders and their relationship with the company and its staff
- Considers developments in relation to the ‘prescribed part’ for the unsecured creditors in receivership and administration
- Provides a comprehensive overview of taxation in receivership and administration
- Guides reader through impact of new legislative developments and reflects the latest rulings from both UK and EU courts, with references from other jurisdictions where relevant.
- Covers both corporate and personal insolvency and also includes a chapter on cross-border insolvency
- Gives content and material on the recast European Insolvency Regulation at the time of Brexit
- Illustrates potential judicial conflicts within the practice area of administration