The eighth edition of Hong Kong Conveyancing Law focuses on Small House Policy concerns, contract matters, remedies on default, equitable interests and remedies, “irregular” interests, anti-money laundering, and companies and conveyancing transactions.
What's new in this edition This eighth edition discusses recent key cases on:
- The abuse of the small house policy: Li Ting Kit Tso v Cheung Tin Wah (2017)
- The use of land as columbarium breaching the New Grant and whether it is permitted under the Outline Zoning Plan: Regal Shining Ltd v Secretary for Justice (2015)
- Whether use of premises as a home for the elderly breached the restriction on use as a ‘tavern’ in an offensive trades clause: Incorporated Owners of Yue Sun Mansion v Lake Side Elderly Centre Ltd (2016)
- Principles applicable to judicial review of planning restrictions as set out by the Court of Final Appeal: Hysan Development Co Ltd v Town Planning Board (2016)
- Whether approval of plans are required from the Building Authority for demolition of unauthorised building works: Re Profit Success Development Ltd (2014)
- The scope of discretion of the Building Authority under s 16(1)(g) of the Buildings Ordinance: Building Authority v Appeal Tribunal (Buildings) (2015)
- The Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance: Ho Loy v Director of Environmental Protection (2016); Leung Hon Wai v Director of Environmental Protection (2015).